Always hated the previous title ‘ Cruel Loop’, but I haven’t had time to think of something else. So I wanted to change it to loop, but it sounded too similar to the popular film Looper, and it sounded like lube. So oh well added a re and tadaa its reloop. I had other names in my mind but I wanted to keep the oo so I could make an infinite sign. Above is the thing I enjoy doing most when I’m bored (and also on Sundays since uni is closed, laptop can’t handle the big files), a poster.
Have a few scenes with explosions. I had this really cool idea of using particles and fluids to create a slow motion explosion for the shots above. BUT due to time constraints I had to scrap the idea. So I decided to do a zoomed out shot of the building where you can see the explosion lighting through the windows. I already did a very similar shot in my previous film, so I’m disappointed that I resorted to this again this time around. Oh well, nevertheless I had fun with the anamorphic lens flares.
So I was inspired by MGS5’s trailer which featured loads of anamorphic lens flares. It seemed like a nice effect to have aesthetically; but I have found a way to use it as part of the story.
The flares are usually horizontal or vertical; rarely 45 degrees. I’m using them to portray the state of mind of the main character as well as timeline differences.
In terms of technique, I’ll be using After Effects to create them. This is something I thought of by myself since the methods I’ve found in forums is quite time consuming. There will be 2 stages.
Stage 1) Duplicate layer, adjust levels, brightness and contrast (almost maximum), directional blur at value 400. Make the layer blend in ‘Add’ mode then scale and position it accordingly.
The screenshots below are at stage 1.
Stage 2) Haven’t really started this phase yet; only planning to do it after I render everything. This would be the more conventional method of tracking the main light source and using a good lens plugin (or in my case, custom made photoshopped ones). But since I did stage 1, I’m only using this tracking technique for roughly 20% of the entire film.